I am a happy single girl. Really, I am. . . BUT there are certain situations in life that make me see the benefits in being married or at least booed up.
I left my phone at home. I was not sure if I had lost it so when I noticed it was gone, I went to the parking lot to look through my car. Well, apparently, I left the light on because when I tried to start it to go home. . .NOTHING!!!!!!
The guy who I work with gave me a jump from one of the company owned vehicles. He was so helpful and knowledgeable that I had a I wish I had a man moment. LOL
I went to visit a friend who is recovering from surgery. She is a newlywed. Her husband was there sitting on the floor staring up at her while I was there and I had it again – that darn, I wish I had a man, moment.
So folks here is my list of times when single just ain't that fun:
- Times when I am broke and something needs to be fixed.
- Car trouble.
- It's cold and the garbage needs to taken out.
- Every month when I pay rent and bills.
- Times when I hear about an event friends (married) have attended but have conveniently NOT told me about. Then everyone has the look of, Oh, crap why did I just say we did that and she didn't go.
- When friends suggest that you sign-up to online dating sites – THIS REALLY HAPPENED!!!
- I have something really interesting happen, I get home and there is no one to tell.
- I have 3 people in less than one month announce their engagements – THIS REALLY HAPPENED, TOO!!
- I read facebook and realize I am the only childless, husband-less friend on my list. Almost.
- When I am up writing blog posts instead of snuggling with the one I love.
What is your list? Leave in the comments.