I am thankful for the usual suspects – mom, family, job, blah, blah, blah. I have another – less traditional – list of things I am grateful for. Take a looksee.
1. This past weekend, my bathroom exploded. My toilet spewed rivers of water and my tub vomited green stuff. I am thankful that that did not occur this weekend.
2. I am thankful that my pants fit. I am down like 23lbs or so, I don't keep track of the number. I had a pair of brand new pants hanging in my closet for YEARS. They would not go past my butt. They fit comfortably now – and for this I am right glad! lol
3. I am grateful that I have contacts. Can't be fabulous in body while wearing glasses that make me resemble Myrtle Urkel.
4. I am thankful that I am still in Dallas. I had a few 'I'm moving back to Chicago' moments but my life is here. Not saying that that won't change but for now I am chillin'.
5. I am thankful for people who believe in me. I let a friend read the first chapter of my book. When he told me how proud he was of me, it felt really nice.
6. I am thankful for my job. I have been there over a year now. I prayed for this job and God blessed me with it. It can be challenging at times but nothing worth having isn't.
7. I am thankful for my mother. She is the quintessential woman – flaws and all.
8. I am thankful for my family. We are a strange group of birds but we love each other and are amazingly gifted and talented.
9. I am thankful for unlimited texting. I fought it for a while. I waved my $10/200 texts plan around like a banner of honor. I realized last billing cycle that I had far exceeded that amount by hundreds of texts. That is the cost of having friends.
10. I am thankful for my expanding circle of friends. There actually exists people on this planet who accept, understand and appreciate my particular brand of crazy. lol
God really has everything you need but you must be open and receptive to it.When you get those things, be thankful.
What are you thankful for?