This McCain campaign worker, Ashley Todd, in Pittsburgh claims a "big, black man," robbed her and as he walked away noticed her McCain-Palin bumper sticker. Said robber then decides to "teach" her a lesson. He holds her down and carves a "B" in her face.
The police suspecting the story was suspect and the potential for being a powder keg worked vehemently to verify the facts. In the meantime the story leaks, a few outlets carried the unverified story. The Pittsburgh police held a press conference today to acknowledge the woman confessed she made uo the story but does not admit why she did it.
Why the news media should have known the story was false.
1. What mugger sticks around, risks being seen and or caught, to make a political point?
2. Why would he carve a "B" and not an "O"?
3. That is one well-carved "B".
4. Why is it always "the big, black guy" that cause all the outrage?
5. Couldn't the guy have been an independent?
So glad the truth came out before there were other retaliatory attacks.